Job Function: CNO Director Patient Care Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 7-10 Years
Erlanger Behavioral Health Hospital
Chief Nursing Officer
Erlanger and Acadia Healthcare have joined to develope Erlanger’s new Behavioral Health Hospital to open May of 2018.
This 88-bed hospital is a joint effort between Erlanger and Acadia Healthcare, which owns the nation’s largest network of mental health facilities.
The two-story, 69,000-square foot facility is being built on the corner of North Holtzclaw and Citico Avenues. It will include 24 beds for geriatric patients, 24 for adults, 18 for children and adolescents, and 22 for substance abuse patients.
The DON is actively involved, at the executive level, in the leadership of the organization. Organizing and administering areas of Patient Care Services to attain the hospital's objectives established by the Governing Body. Implementing standards of nursing practice reviewing and revising as necessary. Performing all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety. Planning and coordinating with the Chief Executive Officer, Governing body, medical staff, and Department Heads.
- Provides leadership and oversight to nursing and mental health technician staff, ensuring accountability for the quality of services they provide; demonstrating exemplary nursing and business practices.
- Interfaces with Director of Medical Services and physicians and serves as liaison between physicians and nursing and clinical services as needed.
- Serves as a key member of interdisciplinary treatment teams and promoting the hospital’s strengths-based treatment philosophy.
- Ensures understanding of services being rendered at all times.
- Maintains current knowledge of medication management and seclusion and restraint policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of organization’s human resources policies and procedures, and implementing them as determined needed.
- Ensures adequate, and qualified staffing is scheduled per shift and adheres to approved budget and licensure requirements.
- Develops and monitors annual departmental budget;
- Conducts quality assurance reviews.
- Develops and oversees service contracts.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of contractual, regulatory, funding and accreditation requirements and ensuring adherence to these requirements.
- Responds to and monitors incidents, errors, and sentinel events.
- Develops and oversees infection control and risk management plans.
- Maintains familiarity with community providers and resources.
- Assists with development and implementation of program components and proposals for funding.
- Provides nursing care on units as determined needed for patient care and for training and demonstration purposes.
- Supervises Nurse Supervisors and Infection Control Officer.
- Required to supervise variable shifts and provide on-call access for staff coverage and emergencies, as well as, provide coverage in an emergency.
- Tennessee RN Licensure, CPR Certified.
- 10 years of Psychiatric nursing experience required.
- MSN required.
- Start-up experience preferred.
Contact Person: Amber Shea
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 36321507 chattanooga